Intellectual property constitutes an ever-increasing share of the value of companies. Globalisation and technological developments make it ever more important to protect intellectual property and manage it correctly.
Tailor-made strategies are required to efficiently protect, maintain, develop and commercialise intellectual property. Our highly experienced intellectual property team advises clients at all stages of intellectual property protection and commercialisation. Based on our in-depth understanding of the significance of intellectual property rights, legal excellence as well as extensive industry and market knowledge, we assist clients with i.a protective strategies and licensing, development and cooperation agreements, as well as infringement claims and dispute resolution.
We assist with all legal aspects of all types of intellectual property, including rights in patents, trademarks, company names, copyrights, designs, photography, film, music, data and databases, as well as rights to domain names, confidential information and know-how. We also regularly assist in "passing-off" or unfair competition cases under the Marketing Act.
We provide legal assistance to technology companies and other businesses within ICT, R&D, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, media, advertising, sports and entertainment and others seeking to protect and exploit their intellectual property rights.
Our services include:
- Strategies to protect and manage IPR
- Protection of confidential information
- IP licensing and assignments within a range of industries
- IP due diligence related to mergers and acquisitions
- Contracts for the development, acquisition and licensing of apps, software and hardware
- Service agreements related to IT and technology, including outsourcing, maintenance and support, consultancy services etc.
- Distribution contracts, contracts on production, sales and marketing
- Protection of company names and design
- Research and development agreements, licensing, joint ventures and other cooperation agreements for the exploitation of patents, know-how/technology
- Marketing, advertising campaigns, product labelling
- Transactions and establishment of businesses where one or more of the parties have a technology or other intellectual property rights
- Contracts for movie and TV productions
- Contracts and disputes within sports and entertainment
- Trademark and design applications in Norway and abroad
- Freedom to operate analysis related to competitors and pre-existing IPR
- Evaluation and enforcement of IP infringement claims
- IP dispute resolution.
Our specialised IP lawyers are all highly experienced and with a background from the largest Norwegian law firms, and they participate and hold seminars within IP law and are members of national and international IP associations.