Our EU/EEA and Competition law team have extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of EU law within a number of sectors.
We regularly advise clients in assessing whether regulations and arrangements are in compliance with the rules on free movement of goods, services, personnel and capital under the EEA Agreement.
Our services include:
- Merger control means that mergers and acquisitions over certain turnover thresholds must be reported to the Competition Authority for approval prior to implementation. We assist with risk- assessments and merger reports.
- We have extensive experience assisting in contract negotiations, including co-operation agreements, sales and distribution agreements, project co-operations and joint ventures. We assist in ensuring that agreements comply with competition law, for instance in assessing whether one may co-operate with a competitor, supplier or customer, or what kind of rebates a dominant market enterprise may give to its customers.
- Assistance in connection with controls and subsequent investigations from the Competition Authority. We have an emergency stand-by team ready to provide swift assistance in case of so-called "dawn-raids", or other unexpected investigations from the Competition Authority.
- Drafting and implementing compliance programs to ensure compliance with applicable competition regulations. We also offer compliance courses, including tailored training to suit the particular needs of the client.
- Freedom to operate assessments for enterprises with a dominant market position.
- Disputes related to breach of competition regulations, including claims for damages following sanctions from the Competition Authority.
- Advice on navigating the state aid regulations in the EEA Agreement.
- Assessing compliance of arrangements with the free movement of goods, services, persons and capital regulations in the EEA Agreement.