We have long experience in assisting clients in financial difficulties. Several of our lawyers are also experienced bankruptcy estate trustees.
There are several alternatives to a bankruptcy, however, all alternatives require the company to initiate constructive dialogues with its creditors. We assist in reviewing the company's situation and establishing contact with private and public creditors. We often also participate in the negotiations with the creditors. This frees time for the management to concentrate on the on-going business of the company. Most debt negotiations are conducted without assistance from the courts, but usually follow the procedures set out in the bankruptcy legislation. This requires both an overview of the relevant regulations as well as the full consequences of the implementation. Experience shows that such negotiations preferably should be led by someone other than the company itself.
Our services include:
- Economic restructuring/turnaround operations
- Corporate reviews and analysis of alternative courses of action
- Equity and loan transactions
- Securing creditor interests
- Debt negotiations and privately agreed compositions
- Execution proceedings and preliminary injunctions
- Debt collection assignments
- Assessment of liability for board members
- Investigations of businesses and transactions
Several of our lawyers have, through extensive experience as administrators for large and small bankruptcy estates, gained considerable relevant practical and professional expertise. Our thorough knowledge of relevant industries and market conditions is the foundation on which we base our efforts to find practical real-life solutions for our clients.