Tor Bechmann works primarily with M&A and company law, such as establishment of businesses, investments, sales and acquisitions, mergers and demergers, restructurings, raising of capital and refinancing.
He is a highly experienced advisor in national and international corporate transactions. He also has extensive experience as legal advisor in commercial contract negotiations and handling of shareholder conflicts.
Bechmann is a senior member of the firm's corporate law and transactions team. He regularly lectures on company law and is a frequent speaker to other lawyers and legal professionals at the annual Corporate Law Conference in Stavanger and at "Advokatenes Fagdager".
He is a member of the Norwegian Bar Association's Committee for Corporate Law ("Advokatforeningens lovutvalg for selskapsrett") and the Centre for Continuing Legal Education Committee for Corporate Law ("Fagutvalget for Selskapsrett i Juristenes Utdanningssenter") (JUS).
He holds several board positions, including as chairman of the board of Nordkinn Asset Management AB and as board member of NRP Business Management AS.
Bechmann is a member of the Norwegian Society of Financial Analysts.
Before joining Tenden, Bechmann had a background from among others the law firm Wikborg, Rein & Co. in Oslo, Oslo Stock Exchange and PricewaterhouseCoopers (Oslo and London).
- Tenden Advokatfirma ANS
- Advokatfirmaet Tenden & Co ANS
- Advokatfirmaet Wikborg, Rein & Co. DA
- Senior Associate
- Oslo Stock Exchange
- The Nordic Tax Research Council
- General Secretary
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, London
- Manager, Banking & Capital Markets, Intern. Corp. Tax
- Department of Public and International Law, University of Oslo
- Scientific Assistant
- Student Scholarship London
- Coopers & Lybrands International Tax Law Scholarship 1996
- Advokatfirmaet de Besche & Co, Oslo
- University of Oslo
- Cand. Jur.
- BI Norwegian Business School, Oslo
- Bachelor in Economics
- Annotated Edition of the Norwegian Securities Act
- Lessons and assignments for one-year foundation level study in Public Law
- AdNotam Gyldendal
- Share Capital Increases from a Tax Law Perspective
- Publication from the Department of Public and International Law, University of Oslo
- Various publications within Stock Exchange and Securities Law, as well as Company and Tax Law
- Current member of the Norwegian Bar Association's Expert Committee for Company Law
- Current member of the Expert Committee for Company Law, Juristenes utdanningssenter (JUS – the Legal Education Centre)